Jan. 2002 RIM ExCom Minutes
The meeting was called to order at 8:45.
- Minutes of the 10/26/01 meeting were passed out and approved
(motion by Tom G., seconded by Carol).
- Treasurer was absent but his report was distributed. Our
current checking balance is $1418.06.
- Membership Officer Carol reported we now have 208 members,
down 1 from a year ago.
- Testing Coordinator Carol reported that there have been 2
testing sessions since our expressing interest over the past year. Carol, Tom G. and Tom
P. are planning to complete training as proctors.
- Sunshine Chair Arlene Ten Eyck reported that three Christmas
cards were sent to members older than 80 (one was 93) and that two get well cards have
been sent; two hospitality gifts were given and two thank-you notes received, from
Joan Markert and Nancy Martin. Two reports were sent to Arlene's Angels.
- Gifted Children Coordinator Laure reported that she has
received several e-mails from our web site. She has planned several events but drew no
interest. She is hoping to try again in the spring.
- Event Subcommittee Chair Mona reported that they are focusing
on plans for speaker events.
- Web site issues. Webmaster Margie will set up a
password protected area on the website for potential future use. It will use the
same password as used by National Mensa. We will not include a membership list on
the web site. The newsletter editor will send some of the M'Ocean
articles to Margie for inclusion on the web site.
- Our participation in the Adopt a Highway program has been
- Denise Cannon was appointed to the position of Young Adult Program Coordinator
(non-voting board member). The motion was moved by Margie, seconded by Carol. Denise has
contacted about 40 RIM members in the age range 21 - 35 with the idea of setting up some
special activities. The new group has been offered space on the web page to promote their
- Mona appointed Marilyn Baker and Arlene TenEyck as a 2-member Election Committee (per
Bylaw 6.6). Peter Ten Eyck later was approved as a third member.
- Mensa WorldConnect (formerly named MensaMate) is a Committee of International Mensa
which pairs cities/groups with "sister" cities/groups. They have asked us to
participate as a group. We decided that we needed time to think about it and will not join
at this time.
The meeting adjourned at 9:25 (moved by Tom G., seconded by Carol).
Margie Zeller, Executive Officer